Tuesday, February 17, 2009

New Years Eve

OK, I realize I haven't posted in ages. It's been a crazy busy year. I bartended at a private party in a huge art gallery on NYE. It was for a young Buddhist organization. Before the doors were offically opened the organizers walked around the space holding candles and chanting. I imagine this was to bless the space, although I'm not a hundred percent on that. They were very nice and the party was a success. By success I mean that everyone behaved themselves and I managed to walk with a large sum of money. Toward the end of the night I did have a few conversations with some very inebriated customers. One gentleman was particularly concerned with my having a good time. When I tried to explain that I was there to work and didn't need to have a drink or ten, he took it upon himself to pour me a glass of champagne. Which I graciously took two sips of and toasted him with.

It was a pretty good night overall.
Hopefully it's not all downhill from there.


No comments: