Friday, February 15, 2008

Feb. 14th Hallmark Holiday

The night started off with a wine tasting and food specials. The manager figured since it's Valentines day we're going to get a lot of men trying to impress their dates by buying expensive bottles. Didn't happen. I did sell a $130 bottle... to a woman and her date/business associate? They had an expensive Pinot Noir and burgers. Weird match up. It was mostly two tops which was expected and the tips were good (in some cases great). D and I kept comparing couples all night. I had a mix of young and old, he had a few he's convinced were cheating on their partners. Yes us servers do speculate. I also had a group of single chicks celebrating being single. They had very little food and three bottles of wine. The new hostess was a nervous wreck though. Poor thing, no one warned her how crazy the owner gets when we are busy. I don't think she'll last long.

No comments: